It’s so easy to miss grace. We miss grace when:
- We have to prove we are right about everything.
- We don’t take time to understand people, especially the ones that ignite our anger.
- We forget God made us with the capacity for peace.
- We make decisions from the broken parts of our soul, not the healed parts of our soul.
- We let our passions control us.
- We never stop and ask “God, what is your purpose for my life?”
- We make ourselves responsible for someone’s bitterness.
- We make all battles personal.
- We decide to fight fire with fire and get even.
- We forget country wisdom: “Never get in a fight with a pig; you’ll get dirty and so will the pig, but the pig with enjoy it.”
- We sell out, thinking money is more important than grace.
Hebrews 12:15a says, “See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God…”
God’s people are to be people of grace. God’s grace fills us and we share it with others.
How do we catch the grace of God? We catch the grace of God when:
- We realize it such a little thing for us to be right and everything for God to be right.
- We seek to understand before we are understood (warning: this requires a mature soul).
- We learn to be a peacemaker, which is the same as learning to be a child of God.
- We let God heal all the brokenness of our souls, so our woundedness doesn’t wound others.
- We give our passions to God and let Him control them.
- We live out our God given purpose each day.
- We refuse to own someone else’s issues; instead, we pray God’s peace for them.
- We recognize most fights are about something besides what we are fighting about, so we seek to discover the real issue.
- We let God handle making things even.
- We stay out of the mud.
- We prize grace above wealth, security, and status.
Wouldn’t you love to be part of a church, a group of God’s people, who daily catch the grace of God?
What are you doing to make church a place of grace?