Telling your faith story doesn’t have to be complicated. Think about a sentence with a semi-colon. You remember the semi-colon don’t you? It is an article of punctuation that divides a sentence. In essence, a semi-colon drives the sentence in a different direction.
You can tell your story of Jesus in one sentence with a semi-colon. This is my life without Jesus; this is my life with Jesus.
This is my one sentence story: I grew up without a Dad; Jesus became love, security and a guiding voice for me.
Is there more to the story? Yes. But in one sentence I’ve given you the essentials of my story with Jesus.
Here are some other examples:
- I was addicting, destroying myself; Jesus healed me and made me healthy.
- I was a bored rich guy; Jesus moved me from success to significance – Bob Buford.
- I screwed up my life; Jesus found me and I found grace – Chuck Colson
- I was angry and bitter because my husband left me; I found out Jesus loves me and accepts me.
- I followed Jesus since childhood; now He helps me cope with a difficult marriage.
- I was looking for love in all the wrong places; then I found Jesus and found love in the right place.
- I’ve always known Jesus; He gives me courage to do what everyone tells me I can’t do.
What’s your one sentence with a semi-colon story of Jesus? Share it with someone who needs to hear your story.