Some issues need to be regularly visited in prayer. Let me offer you 3 C’s and 2 F’s to guide your thinking:
- Pray for Our Country. Don’t pray for your candidate or party to win; that’s putting your faith in something that will always disappoint you. Instead, pray for God’s will be done. What does that look like? Imagine a country where people are kind and truthful, they value life, and they are less focused on themselves and more focused on the good of whole. Wouldn’t it be great to live in a country like that?
- Pray for Our Community. Pray for justice to be done in our criminal justice system. Pray for our schools, that teachers will be empowered to open young minds. Pray for businesses to prosper, be ethical and honest, and increase employment opportunities. Pray for government leaders to have vision for a brighter future.
- Pray for Our Church. Pray that we will fulfill our God given mission: To help as many people as possible take their next step toward Jesus. Pray for God to increase our number. Pray for God to put His power upon this congregation. Pray for the mission efforts around the world where we have investments. If you attend another church, pray they will love and follow Jesus.
- Pray for Your Family. Don’t just pray for them to be safe. Pray for your children to fall in love with Jesus and follow Him. Pray for them to be wise. Pray for them to always live in the awareness of God’s grace. The point of praying for our children is not to lessen our worries, but to ask God to guide their lives. Pray for your spouse to be blessed. Pray for your spouse to know grace in their failures and weaknesses.
- Pray for Your Friends. Pray for their healing. But also pray they will experience love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Pray they will meet Jesus and follow Him.
So, who is on your list?