Six Guidelines for Fasting
- Prepare your mind. Before you begin, think about why you want to fast. Ask God to help you. Pray that every rumble is reminder to focus on our Father.
- Drink water throughout the fast.
- Go easy. Gentle exercise, such as walking, is good, but don’t overexert yourself.
- Determine the length. A set amount of time will help you know there is a finish line.
- Pray. Fasting and prayer are linked throughout the Bible. Whenever we fast, we are admonished to pray, which facilitates our spiritual growth and renewal.
- Don’t brag about fasting. It is between you and the Father.
- Break the fast smart. Small meals, easily digestible.
– adapted from Charisma magazine