Five Reasons Not to Read the Bible:
- You already know everything there is to know about God.
- You do not need to be challenged by objective truth.
- You can comfort yourself when times get tough.
- Unlike millions of people throughout 3,000 years of history, in both Jewish and Christian faiths, you have figured out it doesn’t apply to you. You are the really smart one and all the other people are wrong.
- Everything in your life is perfect – your conduct, your values, your view of word, the way you relate to others. There is a word for people like you – narcissists. The best defense against narcissism? Get challenged by God’s word.