We went down to the ranch last weekend. It always recharges me. Here’s why:
- The big oaks still stand where they have always stood.
- Nothing is prettier than the sunset over the Estate Grove unless is the sunrise over the Old Grove.
- Guava Jelly.
- Finding treasures like my old tin can for marbles.
- Fat cows and fat calves.
- Listening to old stories about my Daddy.
- Seeing turkeys at the edge of Monkey Island.
- Sleeping in the same room I slept in as child – only now, the bed has a King size mattress.
- Hearing the call of the Sand Hill Crane.
God gives all of us a re-charge place. Where’s yours? How long since you’ve been?