I’ve been sick the last couple of days. Nothing major, just a severe head cold. When I cough, it feels like I have vise around my head. Here are five things I hate about being sick:
- You just don’t feel like doing anything. You can only look at so many YouTube videos of Epic Wins/Fails before your brain rots.
- Someone else – like your wife – has to do things you are supposed to do. I hate feeling dependent.
- You hurt, you take medicine, and then you are not better right away. Whatever happened to miracle drugs and instant cures?
- You think about everything you are not doing that still has to be done. When will you catch up?
- It reminds me I am weak and limited. Maybe that’s the biggest reason I hate being sick. I remember how much I need God, because I am soul sick. His grace is my only medicine.