5 things you can learn about leadership from 1 & 2 Kings in the Bible:
- The Leader sets the example. When the Kings seek God, the nation does. When they don’t, the whole nation goes astray. The Leader sets the values.
- Arrogance guarantees failure. Rehoboam arrogantly thinks he out do his Dad Solomon. He winds up splitting the Kingdom.
- Someone wants to harm you. Note the number of Kings who were assassinated. Leaders can’t escape this reality. They can only prepare.
- When the leader is distracted, vision is lost. Solomon got distracted by many women – and he stopped being wise.
- Every leader is left a legacy to either clean up or embrace.