With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a fool if:
1. I think lying is game and I will never get caught. Proverbs 10:23 – Doing the wrong thing is like a game to the fool; but wise living is real joy to the person that really understands life. The liar is always the loser.
2. I insist I am always right. Proverbs 12:15 – A fool thinks he is always right, but a wise one listens to counsel. If you are the smartest person in the wrong, you are in the wrong room. Change rooms or change people, or shut up and listen.
3. My “friends” hurt me more than help me. Proverbs 13:20 – The one who walks with the wise, becomes wise; but the friend of fools gets hurt. Who you are with determines who you are.
4. I believe my own lies. Proverbs 14:8 – The really wise one understands where they are going, but the stupidity of the fool gets him off track. The problem with telling a lie is most of us have poor memories.
5. I am always in conflict with others. Proverbs 20:3 – The honorable man walks away from fights, but the fool is fast to fight.
6. I like to repeat failure. Proverbs 26:11 – Just like a dog goes back and eats his vomit, a fool back to what got him into trouble in the first place. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.” – Einstein.
So what do the signs tell you?