What Does $155,000 Mean?
This week, I want you to hear from Jock Hendricks, our Outreach Pastor, about the Open Door Offering:
What does $155,000 mean?
- It means teams can be sent to Haiti three times in the next 12 months, offering medical and spiritual care to more than 750 Haitians.
- It means that 12 medical and ministerial personnel from Alice Drive can travel to Honduras, joining with two other North American churches, and offer medical, dental, veterinary, and spiritual care to more than 1500 people there.
- It means that teams can be sent not only to New York City to offer VBS to 60-100 children but a new partnership can be formed with church planters in Long Island a town that is only 3% evangelized.
- It means we can continue to offer sound ministerial leader training to new and young ministers in Botswana Africa.
- It means our HELPS ministry can build 14 ramps for those who can no longer get in and out of their homes. It means HELPS can expand to offer even greater services to those who are part of our church family and part of our community
- It means we can partner with United Ministries in meeting the deep needs of the poor in our community.
- It means that Operation Inasmuch will not simply be a day in the spring but will become part of the DNA of our ministry.
- It means that we can celebrate life with young mothers through the pregnancy centers of Sumter.
- It means that we can explore even greater mission adventures perhaps in Canada, perhaps on the west coast, perhaps in North Carolina, or Tennessee, or on most any street in Sumter County.
God has blessed us, with his own grace. Bless him by investing yourself in the mission He has charged to us. Alice Drive exists to help as many people as possible take their next step toward Jesus Christ. We want to open the door for them to take their next step.
This is something we don’t even have to pray about. Jesus already told us to GO. Jesus already told us to GIVE. So ask God to show you WHERE to GO and HOW MUCH to GIVE.
Well said Jock!