Plans and Dreams …
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah29:11
Whenever God provides for a relationship between people, He has a plan for that relationship. He has a plan for marriages, for families, for friendships. He has a plan for His church.
A church budget is nothing more than an expression of what we believe to God’s plans for His church. The numbers reflect a future and a hope.
In 2014-2015, I believe God wants us to:
- Help more people take a next step toward Jesus.
- Call a Children’s Pastor.
- Know Real Community – and love each other like Jesus.
- Reach more students in Sumter, Clarendon, and Lee Counties.
- Deepen our mission partnerships in New York, Haiti, and Honduras.
- Give away $300,000+ to mission causes and to help the poor.
- Finish the As Many as Possible project of updating the worship center – buying new chairs, painting, and replacing the carpet.
- Take better care of our employees’ needs.
- Do what we do better.
The church leadership did not receive these dreams on stones carved on a mountain. We could be wrong. But to the best of our ability, we believe this is the direction God wants us to go.
This Sunday, we are going to talk about this plan. I believe this year will require us to take a next step – as a church family – to make God’s plans, God’s future for us come alive. Then, we will take the Lord’s Supper – as a reminder we can do nothing without Him.
This Sunday is pivotal for our church. I am counting on you being here, prayed up, and open to take a next step toward the future and hope God has for us.